Hi I’m Seda and I will be giving you your minutes for today. In this addition of your minutes you will find:
1. Topics for the semester were discussed
2. We elected one more officer. Everyone welcome Brea as our new secretary and she will be doing this next week and every week after that. Yeah.. no more me!
3. Mabon Table and Future Tables
4. Candles in the dorm rooms
6. Topic for tonight.. Paths.. again
- Okay.. We have made a list for possible topics this semester, and they are not in any order.
* Auras, Chakras, Shielding, Grounding...etc
* Paths and “coming out of the broom closet”
* Totems and Guardians
* Stations (wee.. fun one)
* Campus Walk
* Herbs and Stones
* Divination and Oracle Reading
* History of Paganism
* Techno Paganism
* Various Pantheons, and Mythology
* Souls, Reincarnation and Past Lives
* Dream Interpretation
Topics Added at this meeting by the newbies! Ha, they want to learn
* Channeling, auto writing, and spirits
* Pagan Craft Day
* Book Exchange
* Tree of Life/Kabblah (A newbie named Brad wants to teach us!)
- Mabon Table: TUESDAY SEPT. 21ST! (Yes as in 6 days from today)
We passed around a sheet and this is what we have come up with for people. Please.. we need more people especially on the times with only 1 person.
If you are new to the group, you MUST have someone who has been with the group for at least 1 yr with you. So Please, Please, PLEASE, Volunteer otherwise won’t be able to have the table if we don’t have enough people to staff it.
Table is from 9am-4pm
Set up: Lins
12-1: Christyne and Bri
2-3: Kari and David
Take Down: No one!!!!
- Future Tables:
Christyne brought up the idea of having a table or little boothy thing in Atwood every other week. Offer Candy and info as a way to get us out there. Was voted as a good idea.. Now we need to know when people can staff it. Please have this info ready for the next meeting.
- Candles in Dorm Rooms:
I am writing up a formal letter that we can put into mailboxes of groups we think will want to support the use of candles in the dorm rooms. For those of you who do not know what is going on: There is now a ban on candles in dorm rooms. You have to cut the entire wick out before you can bring it into the room. This is bad since a lot of people use candles in their religious practices. We also plan to make a petition to have signed. Hopefully, this is work well.
The current news on the website is that Kelly wants to take care of it. So we’re gonna let her do that.
- Topic for Tonight:
We talked about Paths again… a few people were bribed into talking by candy from Jozie, but we did get some paths talked about. Next week, we were planning on In-depth discussion on some paths. But no one really voiced a need for a further discussion on this topic. I suggest that if it isn’t too cold, we should do the campus walk before it gets too cold. Any suggestions on what everyone wants to do?
OHHHH.. and finally. We started to collect a contact list for the group. If you want to be added, we will be collecting them at the next meeting. This list is private and is only given to other members. It makes it a lot easier for people from the group get a hold of you and know who you are for the email list, because with all the members we have, no one knows anyone else.
That is all.. Hope to see you all next week!